Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Associate Director Project Engineering
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Associate Director Project Engineering, are to:
- Manages the Site Technical Office with responsibility for the SD Network preparing and maintaining the technical documentation of the plants at the site such as PIDs, 3D models, layouts, etc., with own or external resources. Provides leadership to the members of the Technical Office. Develops and retain competent project engineers, project technicians, and draftsmen for executing the work of the Technical Office. Trains engineers prior to their move into plant technical positions;
- Provide guidance in all aspects of the planning and execution of investment and turn-around projects for the site. Staffs investment and turn-around projects and manage respective internal and external resources. Acts as advisor and focal point of contact in all relevant project engineering matters of the site;
- Manage establishment and execution of the investment plan / budget of the Site;
- Establish technical processes for investment and turn-around planning and execution with main focus on the site. Manages implementation of the technical good practices;
- Propose and conduct programs, initiatives, and tools for continuous effectiveness and efficiency improvements under the guidance of the Site Technical Manager;
- Foster experience exchange and promote knowledge transfer between the site technical offices;
- Represent the Company in respective working groups of the Bayer Technology Committee.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with at least 12 years of combined experience in engineering and/or manufacturing, quality, health, safety, and environment;
- Knowledge in Bayer technical practices and standards;
- Proven track record of working in project management roles within the pharmaceutical/chemical industry;
- Demonstrated ability to leverage diverse manufacturing knowledge to lead and influence cross-functions and managers, as well as to inform executive managers, site leadership board of directors and local administrative agencies;
- Demonstrated leadership skills including strong communication;
- Interpersonal, collaboration and relationship building;
- Experience managing department/function/budgets and planning as well as experience overseeing multiple outsourced/contract labor vendors;
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills as well as ability to direct, organize, analyze, plan and control all activities in functional areas in order to successfully execute responsibilities, accomplish objective.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols.
Reference Code: 488441
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Professional