Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Associate Director Lead Statistician
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Associate Director Lead Statistician, are to:
- Take the statistical lead for a project in the represented statistics sub-function, for example, in the role of a project statistician;
- Lead virtual teams of statisticians and/or representatives from other function;
- Contribute to the development and evolution of project standards;
- Provide statistical and methodological consultation and contribute to multi-disciplinary teams within or across companies;
- Respond to inquiries from health authorities and other internal or external partners;
- Keep abreast of regulatory and methodological issues and ensure implementation of these in the respective teams;
- Influence decision making processes during drug development and/or life-cycle management by use of appropriate statistical methodology (e.g. simulations, meta-analyses or modeling approaches);
- Develop and implement innovative statistical methodology for the respective field of responsibility, if appropriate in cooperation with academic experts;
- Provide statistics and statistical methodology is an integral part of drug development and life-cycle management impacting the planning, design, analysis and reporting of studies, projects and programs in order to achieve regulatory approval, scientific acceptance as well as successful product launch and maintenance;
- Contribute to drug research, the development of new drugs, the approval of new drugs by health and reimbursement authorities and the life-cycle management of marketed drugs according to the major tasks and responsibilities of the position (cf. Sec.)
- Facilitate risk management decisions within the company through the development and implementation of innovative statistical methodology.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. or Master of Science in Biostatistics, Statistics or Mathematics;
- At least four years of experience as statistician with significant time spent in the Pharma, Biotech or similar sector;
- Thorough knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry including understanding of clinical drug development process and/or life-cycle management and associated documents and regulations;
- Experience in leading teams;
- Experience in multiple fields relevant for his/her statistics subfunction;
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Good knowledge of statistical programming languages (including SAS and/or R);
- Fluency in English.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
State: New Jersey
Reference Code: 257426
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics
Entry Level : Professional