Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Associate Director Cell Therapy Immunology
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Associate Director Cell Therapy Immunology, are to:
- Direct and develop immunology-based Cell Therapy (CT) processes for Bayer CT process development;
- Adopt and develop immunology technologies for a wide array of potential assets including phenotyping and stimulation of B cells and T cells;
- Act independently, undertake process development activities and coordinate with CCD colleagues to develop suitable bioreactor systems;
- Aim to be recognized as a leader in the immunology bioprocessing area;
- Provide effective leadership including individual goal setting/performance reviews, managing the development of employees, recognizing and appreciating employee contributions, mitigating conflict and communication problems, planning and facilitating team activities, selecting personnel and motivating members of the functional area;
- Support workforce diversity, quality and safety;
- Support supervisors in the management of their employees/department which support achievement of individual/department/business objectives.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science with at least 14 years of relevant experience or Master of Science with at least 12 years of relevant experience or Ph.D. with at least eight years of experience in industry or academia or or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- At least one year of experience in Cell Therapy;
- Recognized as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the field of Immunology and Cell Therapy, from industry or academia;
- Good communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point, Flow cytometry software.
- Ph.D. with at least eight years of experience in Bioscience field related to Immunology and Cell Therapy;
- Bioprocess experience;
- Previous supervisory skills.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 443923
Functional Area: Biological R&D
Entry Level : Professional