Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Assoc Mgr Env Fac & Lab Ops
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Associate Manager Enviroment Facilities and Laboratory Operations, are to:
- Lead and be directly responsible for the EPA regulatory compliance programs of the Clean Water Act (waste water and storm water), SARA 311/312; Spill, Prevention Control and Countermeasures, regulatory filings include permitting developing compliance initiatives for the North America Crop Science headquarters, other Research and Development (R&D) sites in the Saint Louis area and function in an advising capacity for North America lab and facility operations for programs and permitting;
- Be responsible for strategic planning, development and implementation of EPA Toxic Substances and Control Act PCB regulatory management program;
- Drive risk management of facility projects that value approximately $40mm annually to control PCB exposure and avoid civil and criminal penalties;
- Be responsibilities include directing and managing hazard assessment, remediation, and PCB project management in collaboration with engineering, legal and industrial hygiene resources both internal and external to Bayer;
- Develop and lead site Wildlife Habitat environmental programs to enhance site reputation;
- Represent Bayer on local and national U.S. level for proactive site environmental programs like wildlife habitat management, water conservation, Earth Day activities and community river cleanups;
- Provide technical assessments for proactive environmental programs like recycling / reuse, water conservation, etc.;
- Assist with reporting results to GRI and responsible for managing annual Earth Day events;
- Direct the waste water and storm water compliance programs;
- Develop compliance programs policies and procedures to assure regulatory compliance and prepares/completes compliance reports for federal, state and local reporting;
- Work closely with regulatory agencies in support of regulatory inspections, new permits, permit renewals and modifications;
- Directly support STL site HSE operations with emphasis on R & D business platforms by performing STL HSE site orientation for laboratory researchers and assist in training other site employees to comply with regulations and corporate environmental guidelines;
- Support site personnel as a technical resource;
- Ensure the participation in incident response activities as a member and incident commander in the STL site emergency response team and complete incident investigations and root cause analysis for environmental incidents.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- At least six years of experience in engineering or science discipline with direct experience managing environmental compliance;
- Direct experience with managing waste water, storm water, SPCC and SARA programs and permits;
- Excellent communications and computer skills;
- Extensive knowledge of EPA regulations and general knowledge of OSHA;
- Operate effectively in a team environment both within HSE and broadly across multifunctional groups with emphasis on R&D/office environments;
- Check outcomes focused, organized and able to manage projects with the ability to move swiftly to achieve objectives;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written with all levels of the organization with emphasis on the HSE community and management;
- Demonstrate ability to lead projects, assignments and/or teams.
- Experience or working knowledge of PCBs;
- Professional Engineer, or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager certification with current HAZWOPER training.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols.
Location: Creve Coeur
Reference Code: 522821
Functional Area: Sustainability, Health, Safety, Environment
Entry Level : Professional