Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Assoc Dir Field Analyst
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Associate Director Field Analyst, are to:
- Provide Senior BU Commercial Management, as well as Senior CAO and BI Management, with measurable insights into commercial strategies and tactics for a particular BU, or for several BUs;
- Provide a competitive advantage to management by making better business decisions derived through strategic data analysis and command of complex statistical techniques;
- Leverage advanced analytical capabilities, the incumbent will develop analyses and formulate data-driven financial models that will drive recommendations for strategic and tactical modifications to consumer, patient, HCP and payer marketing and sales efforts required to accelerate business opportunities;
- Collaborate with CGC management and Business Insights personnel in defining indices for meaningful measurement of business performance (various aspects of supplier and customer commitments and obligations, sales or revenue measures, distribution metrics, etc.);
- Collaborate and support Commercial Analytics management;
- Develop analytical programs, including business question development, hypothesis generation, and scoping (timelines, work effort estimation, resourcing, etc.);
- Work on data sourcing, preparation, and quality control;
- Create analytical models and data visualization, e.g., related to promotional response, marketing mix, sales force effectiveness, rebate analyses – and synthesis of critical insights from these models and visualizations;
- Develop commercial experiments and pilots (DTC, sales promotion, payor programs, etc.), including KPIs to determine success and critically evaluate these efforts;
- Support of field force sizing, targeting, and call plan development;
- Work on projection of thought leadership and resident expertise in advanced analytics related to Marketing, Sales, and Managed Markets;
- Direct third parties retained to support analytics, research, and consulting efforts, such as onshore and offshore resources.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field combined with M.B.A. from globally leading school;
- Proven team and project leadership skills, and ability to work independently;
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills and knowledge with the ability to understand the big picture;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as demonstrable in oral management presentations, succinct PowerPoint stories and layout, as well as structured syntheses and recommendations;
- At least five years of commercial healthcare analytics work experience, of which at least two years of recent experience in U.S. healthcare, as expressed in demonstrable knowledge of key aspects of Contracting, Pricing, MCO, PBM, SPP, Wholesaler/ Distributor, Retail, Federal/State payers, etc.;
- At least three years of experience incorporating several of the following project management, account management, optimization, modeling, statistics, marketing and price modeling, sales force sizing and structure, STP (segmentation/targeting/call planning), simulation, and/or decision analysis;
- Ability to manage undefined scopes and put structure into large-scale ambiguity;
- Familiarity with relevant pharmaceutical data sources including sales data sources such as IMS, SourceRx, laptop/iPad detailing, Specialty Pharmacy data, formulary data, etc.;
- Expert in handling and analyzing various data types (e.g., patient longitudinal, claims data, distribution, sales, demand, units, promotion);
- Record of professional success, demonstrated through above average performance reviews, promotions, and relevant “extracurricular” activities/ engagements.
- Post-graduate degree (Master’s degree or Ph.D.) in quantitative field (Statistics, Management Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Health Economics, Accounting, Business, Marketing, etc.);
- Experience in pharmaceuticals field sales or national accounts.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a six point COVID-19 action plan. As follow up to the initial announcement, the government has shared more details about the federal contractor guidance, including that colleagues who work for businesses that perform certain federal contracts are required to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, 2021. As a federal contractor, Bayer must follow and implement the federal vaccination requirements. This requirement applies to all current and future Bayer employees working in Consumer Health, Pharmaceuticals and Enabling Functions supporting either of the divisions, effective 12/8/21. Currently, Crop Science (CS) colleagues, and Enabling Function colleagues who exclusively support Crop Science, are exempt from this requirement. Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to any qualified individual who because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice receives an exemption from the vaccination requirement, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship for the company.|
|Location:||United States : New Jersey : Whippany|