Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Assistant Manager, Business Analytics & Forecasting
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Assistant Manager Bus Analytics and Forecasting, are to:
- Support development and deployment of analytical models in the areas of statistical consumption forecasting by brand and key retailers;
- Work with large amounts of data in service of concrete conclusions and actionable insights;
- Communicate complicated technical topics and nuanced insights to diverse audiences;
- Write data pipelines to convert raw data into aggregated data that can be used as signals;
- Automate data pipelines by doing ETL in cloud data systems such as Snowflake;
- Build cutting edge machine learning algorithms to gain deeper insights into sales drivers;
- Automate existing systems to reduce data leakage and increase reporting frequency;
- Solve brand-level analytical problems using quantitative approaches;
- Break traditional patterns of thought by generating and recognizing imaginative, workable solutions to business situations and problems;
- Review sales performance, insights data, key initiatives, and new item launches with brand and customer teams to ensure robust plans are in place and being executed.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or any other Quantitative discipline with at least one year of work experience as a Data Engineer or Data Scientist including college internships and projects;
- Strong knowledge of an experience with databases (SQL, etc.) and strong programming knowledge in Python;
- Previous experience in developing and maintaining complex big data analytical solution;
- Experience with Machine Learning/Statistical Learning;
- Previous experience working with cloud-based data and analytics platforms, standard business intelligence dashboards, and data enrichment techniques;
- Cultivates innovation, learning and change agility, customer focus, action oriented/drives results, collaborates globally and locally, plans and aligns and drives stakeholder engagement;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Adaptability to a diverse working environment with the ability to work successfully across the organization while being self-motivated;
- Proven experience in influence management;
- Proven ability to develop win-win solutions to complex situations;
- Superior problem-solving skills;
- Robust analytical capabilities across a variety of data sources and platforms with ability to translate into action-minded recommendations;
- Advanced computer literacy skill required, specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- An interest in, and some exposure to, one or more of the following tools and techniques, SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Data processing and basic statistical methods;
- Experience in the application of syndicated databases (IRI, Nielsen, and Custom).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
State: New Jersey
Reference Code: 297901
Functional Area: Commercial & Sales
Entry Level : Professional