Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Area Sales Team Lead II- DEKALB/Asgrow/DeltaPine - Southern US
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As an Area Business Manager (ABM), you will lead a team of 8-12 field sales representatives to meet area DEKALB/Asgrow/DeltaPine seed sales goals through daily direction, coaching, and prioritization of resources. This role will support sales teams in EastTexas and the state of Oklahoma.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Area Business Manager II - DEKALB/Asgrow/DeltaPine - Southern U.S., are to:
- Lead, coach and mentor direct reports to meet or exceed seed portfolio sales goals and drive supporting behaviors;
- Engage actively in the development of direct reports to support building the talent pipeline within the organization;
- Develop strategic and innovative business plans with pod/overlap ABMs to optimize sales and growth for both the retailer/distributor and grower, this should be done in alignment with Bayer Crop Science marketing strategy;
- Identify areas of opportunity with potential solutions to address them;
- Develop strong, long-term relationships with peer ABMs and top key accounts in the defined pod geography while collaborating with internal stakeholders;
- Serve as an integral part of the regional business leadership team and the ABM area pod to drive collaborative team success, to include mentoring and coaching peers as appropriate;
- Work proactively and strategically work with various functions of Bayer’s Crop Science organization (including pod professionals) to ensure targets are met (Marketing, Product Supply, Sales, Market Development);
- Share best practices;
- Manage proactively expenses, discretionary dollars and program payments per Bayer Crop Science policy;
- Meet all reporting requirements on forecasting and provide marketplace intelligence and customer and strategic business insights with recommendations to seize opportunities and/or address issues;
- Manage area claims per Bayer Crop Science policy and process through effective problem solving, execution, administration and resource management;
- Ensure achievement of program execution and program fulfillment, including national/regional marketing initiatives;
- Travel approximately 60%.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- At least 10 years of experience in sales, marketing, account management or agriculture (Sales or Account Management experience critical);
- Excellent demonstrated ability to coach others to drive results (ability to attract and develop talent);
- Prior people manager experience or history of demonstrated leadership capabilities;
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills (within pod);
- Excellent business acumen, planning, influencing and critical thinking skills;
- Excellent analytical and innovative sales and negotiation skills (documented ability to drive results through others);
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, written communication, as well as conflict management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build strategic relationships and influence behavior through building trust and being inclusive;
- Digital fluency and strong technical acumen with latest industry tools and a desire to make decisions using data to grow the busines;
- Possess a valid driver's license and clear/maintain appropriate company Motor Vehicle Driving and safety expectations.
- Master’s degree;
- Demonstrated knowledge of agricultural systems.
Domestic relocation assistance may be offered for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Residence Based
Reference Code: 341044
Functional Area: Commercial & Sales
Entry Level : Professional