Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Area Leader Formulations North
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Area Leader Form North, are to:
- Set strategic direction and prioritize for staffing and production capabilities for the areas;
- Develop, forecast and manage the areas budgets;
- Communicate key area information to Site Leadership Team member;
- Identify and drive infrastructure and capital projects to ensure utilization;
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, identify key leverages and assign resources to manage;
- Manage cost performance on conversion, maintenance and yield costs and identify/implement improvements to deliver cost reductions;
- Drive best practices across areas of responsibility;
- Ensure effectively networks with other areas leadership (production, maintenance, other) to identify, share and implement best practices for the benefit of the Site and the business;
- Ensure area compliance with HSEQ, OSHA, PSM, environmental/personal safety standards;
- Ensure adherence to all legal requirements and to all policies applicable to the areas, the Site and Bayer;
- Partner across the site to engage, develop and retain employees;
- Be responsible for leading development and mentoring of personnel within Formulations North;
- Create personal involvement in Site committees and in local community efforts to support current and future operations;
- Allocate resources to participate in Site-wide initiatives;
- Recognize and champion when there is a need for change.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least seven years of manufacturing experience and at least three years people leadership experience with direct report responsibility;
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal competencies including coaching and development;
- Ability in interact and work with all levels of team and senior leadership to meet business deliverables;
- Identify, manage and champion change;
- Promote flexibility to meet business objectives;
- Self-motivated to identify and promote new ideas to improve team and areas performance;
- Experience facilitating and establishing effectives goals for direct reports and teams;
- Possess familiarity with SAP or similar system, some understanding of multiple engineering disciplines, the ability to read and understand engineering flow diagrams and an understanding of chemical processes in a chemical manufacturing environment;
- Manufacturing office environment combine with some Site process management activities including working around agricultural chemicals and process equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry or related field;
- Experience leading technical and non-technical teams.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 388044
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Professional