At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Agronomic Rsrch Spec III
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Agronomic Research Specialist III, are to/to be:
- Responsible for Delivering the highest quality field data as part of North America's Plant Breeding R&D pipeline by providing optimal trial management
- Responsible for the implementation of unique and innovative technology solutions designed to improve research design and operations success through the use of new tools and methodologies to improve overall plant breeding phenotyping such as the pilot and use of geospatial systems, agronomic planting and harvesting tools, harvesting shelling systems, and data capture applications.
- Collaborate with project team members to deliver detailed experimental protocols that enable advancement decisions by our scientists and placement decisions to our customers
- Organize and execute day to day priorities of the site either alone or as the leader of a small team such as: pre season logistical trial planning, safety and compliance adherence in accordance with local and federal guidelines, and in season phenotyping activities performed by contractors.
- Train team members and seasonal employees on standard operating procedures, site and operation safety guidelines, and tool operations.
- Influence key partners in a cross functional environment to drive results, innovation, and collaboration at a multi functional site.
- Influential within org and with external partners, leading projects/initiatives at hub and across network, working independently, expert in particular areas, solid network, provide innovative solutions, high technical abilities, plan/direct/coordinate activities of others, mentor other ARS.
- Accountable for business unit or project results through leadership and coordination across site strategy, prioritizeand monitor projects to ensure completion within deadlines and budgets.
- Accountable for business unit or project results through leadership and coordination across site strategy, prioritize and monitor projects to ensure completion within deadlines and budgets.
- Engage in community relation activities including but not limited to community volunteer efforts, sustainability activities, and serve as a technical representative to external parties in partnership with Commercial, Marketing, and other functions on agronomic topics such as product pipeline development, agronomy practices, and compliance standards.
- Travel up to 15% of the time particularly during peak seasons, which could be within a multi state region.
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons (including non traditional day time hours with the potential of limited overnight travel).
- Manage a small team of direct reports and leads managers of small teams; mentors, coaches and maintains a healthy working environment Perform varying functional activities which vary by season, demand or otherwise, to include but not limited to: Field Operations, Nursery Operations, Central Seed Operations, and Protected Culture Operations.
- PhD, MS, or BS
- Valid driver s license;
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs;
- Ability to obtain pesticide applicator license;
- Ability to obtain UAV license (desired) for operating drones;
- Ability to work extended hours during peak operational seasons CDL license or ability to obtain.
- MS with minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- BS with minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- PhD with minimum years relevant experience
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Hawaii : Kunia|