Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Agronomic Research Specialist II- Whiteheath, Il
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Agronomic Research Spec II, are to:
- Be influential within org and with external partners, leading projects/initiatives at hub and across network, working independently;
- Be an expert in particular areas, solid network, provide innovative solutions, high technical abilities, plan/direct/coordinate activities of others, mentor others Agronomic Research Spec (ARS);
- Be accountable for business unit or project results through leadership and coordination across site strategy;
- Prioritize and monitor projects to ensure completion within deadlines and budgets. builds partnerships and shares technical knowledge across sites, involved in industry working groups.
WHO YOU ARE
your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values. more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. with at least one year of relevant experience, Masters of Science with at least two years relevant experience, or Bachelors degree with at least five years of relevant experience;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs;
- Ability to obtain pesticide applicator license in Hazelwood;
- Ability to work extended hours during peak operational seasons;
- CDL license or ability to obtain in some locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Life Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field;
- Knowledge and experience with agricultural equipment and row crop production practices and history of leveraging that knowledge in a research environment;
- Ability to obtain pesticide applicator license at all sites;
- Ability to obtain UAV license (desired) for operating drones;
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team based environment;
- Capable of pulling, analyzing, and maintaining large data sets basic understanding and passion for emerging trends in agriculture;
- Expertise with both standard MS office computer and software systems used in scientific data analysis, with ability to quickly learn new software programs and tools. capable of utilizing multiple analytics platforms to articulate observations and areas in need of improvement;
- Experience with seed technology industry or plant breeding expertise with precision agriculture hardware and software;
- Demonstrated capability of continuous improvements and new innovations through the work on project teams.
This position does not offer Visa Sponsorship Assistance
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Illinois : Thomasboro|