At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Agronomic Research Specialist II
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Agronomic Research Specialist II are to:
- Be responsible for delivering the highest quality field data as part of north Americas plant breeding Research and Development;
- Be responsible for the implementation of unique and innovative technology solutions designed to improve research design and operations success through the use of new tools and methodologies to improve overall plant breeding phenotyping such as the pilot and use of geospatial systems, agronomic planting and harvesting tools, harvesting shelling systems, and data capture applications;
- Collaborate with project team members to deliver detailed experimental protocols that enable advancement decisions by our scientists and placement decisions to our customers;
- Organize and execute day-to-day priorities of the site either alone or as the leader of a small team such as;
- Pre-season logistical trial;
- Compliance adherence in accordance with local and Federal guidelines;
- In-season phenotyping activities performed by contractors;
- Train team members and seasonal employees on standard operating procedures, site and operation safety guidelines, and tool once in community-related activities including but not limited to community volunteer efforts, and sustainability activities, and serve as a technical representative to external parties in partnership with commercial, marketing, and other functions on agronomic topics such as product pipeline development, agronomy practices, and compliance standards;
- Travel up to 15% of the time, particularly during peak seasons, which could be within a multi-state region;
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons (including nontraditional daytime hours with the potential of limited overnight travel).
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree;
- Broad knowledge of agricultural equipment and row crop production practices and history of leveraging that knowledge in a research environment;
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team-based environment;
- Capable of pulling, analyzing, and maintaining large data sets.
- Bachelors in Agronomy, Life Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with at least two years of proven experience through the combination of previous employment, co-op, or internship and experience or, a Master's Degree in a relevant field with at least one year of proven experience through the combination of previous employment, internship, or academic experience;
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Mississippi : Scott|