Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Agronomic Research Specialist II
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Agronomic Research Specialist II are to:
- Collaborate with project team members to deliver detailed experimental protocols that enable advancement decisions by our scientists and placement decisions to our customers;
- Operate automated research equipment, note-taking, data management with internal IT and SW systems, comply with regulated seed stewardship standards, complete and or participate in safety inspections and training and comply with all policies and standard operating procedures;
- Work extended hours during peak seasons (including non-traditional daytime hours, weekends, and holidays);
- Provide daily direction to contingent labor team of up to 10 individuals.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Non-degreed (High School Diploma or GED) with at least 10 years of relevant experience, Bachelor's degree with at least two years of relevant experience, Master Degree with at least one year of relevant experience;
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs;
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team-based environment;
- Capable of maintaining large data sets;
- Experience with both standard MS Office computer and software systems used in scientific data analysis, with the ability to quickly learn new software programs and tools;
- Experience with automated and/or mechanical systems.
- Ability to obtain a UAV license for operating drones;
- Bachelor's in Agronomy, Life Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field;
- Ability to work extended hours during peak operational seasons;
- Ability to obtain pesticide applicator license;
- Knowledge and experience with agricultural equipment and row crop production practices and history of leveraging that knowledge in the research environment.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Arizona : Tucson|