Senior Statistician - Oncology
Your tasks and responsibilities
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Statistician – Oncology, are to:
- Collaborate with representatives from other functions to plan and execute Oncology Medical Affairs statistical activities (for example post marketing clinical and observational trials, publications, lifecycle management of Bayer products, reimbursement dossiers) and closely works with the Project Statistician to coordinate the all statistical aspects of Oncology Medical Affairs activities at a project level under guidance of an experienced statistician;
- Develop the statistical analysis plans for the Oncology Medical Affairs activities as appropriate, ensuring overall consistency within and between projects. Performs exploratory analyses on internal and external databases;
- Facilitate the overall organization and coordination of statistical aspects for specific Oncology Medical Affairs activities and small projects;
- Lead virtual cross-functional sub-teams within Medical Writing and Statistics Oncology;
- Assume responsibility for the production and accuracy of the statistical deliverables and interpretation of the results;
- Work independently at routine and complex statistical questions and tasks;
- Develop and implement standard processes for the analysis of routine (parts of) Oncology Medical Affairs requests;
- Oversee and ensures accurate and timely delivery of statistical work outsourced to external providers.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- PhD or MSc in Biostatistics, Statistics or Mathematics, or related field;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, as required;
- Good knowledge of statistical programming languages (including SAS and R);
- Fluent English skills;
- At least two years as a statistician with significant time spend in pharma, biotech or similar sector.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_28]
Entry Level: 5