Senior Customer Business Manager - Upper Respiratory
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Senior Manager, Customer Business -Upper Respiratory owns all components of selling, business planning, forecasting and trade spending within the assigned customer/portfolio of brands for BCH (Bayer Comsumer Health). The Senior Manager owns a large percentage of a customer team’s volume. Due to the size of their business, they are responsible for significant dollar and profit volume and, therefore, have extra accountability and influence on impacting total customer business plan achievement. The incumbent is directly responsible for maximizing the four sales controllables; assortment, pricing, promotion, and shelving. The Senior Manager is responsible for developing and executing the annual business plan within assigned customer/portfolio of brands. These plans should focus on accomplishing quarterly/annual sales volume with effective and efficient trade execution as well as deliver against long term strategic partnership objectives. They are directly accountable for delivering seamless in market execution via monthly forecasting, productive trade promotions, and meeting daily demands of the customer, while managing their trade spending to the allocated budget.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Customer Business Manager - Upper Respiratory, are to:
- To be responsible for achieving volume and KPI objectives through successful sell-in and execution of sales controllables for a large percentage of Bayer Consumer Health business, while owning key sales processes & deliverables within assigned portfolio;
- Lead and execute business-planning sessions by engaging a cross functional team, as appropriate; customer marketing, field sales, sales strategy, marketing, finance, sales ops and e-commerce:
- Lead and execute all selling presentations within assigned customer/portfolio of brands, engaging cross functional teams, as necessary. Penetrates all levels (VP/Director/Category Manager/Logistics/IT/Merchandising/Retail /Warehouse/Finance/ Administrative/Pharmacy/Buyer/Assistants) within the customer organization to cultivate relationships for customer building;
- Execute monthly forecasting to ensure Bayer meets/exceeds all customer supply metrics. Forecasting includes baseline business, new item pipelines, and promotional volume;
- Manage trade budget and deduction resolution to stay within budgets/estimates (trade budget managed to 1-2% of bottom line total);
- Use appropriate tools/programs to meet all compliance and audit requirements;
- Audit and evaluate retail execution to identify opportunities and operational challenges. Provide direction to third-party vendors to optimize retail execution, customer planning, or category management;
- Integrate and analyze multiple data sources to create selling strategies and programs that deliver win-win outcomes through innovation and collaboration . Collaborates with customer marketing team to develop customer specific marketing programs (providing the overall dollar impact to the business bottom line) in alignment with brand strategies and demographics with a focus on improving distribution, merchandising, pricing, and shelving;
- Develop new item sales plans, strategies and tactics in order to achieve agreed to headquarter and retail objectives. Ensure timely and accurate data analysis for distribution build, promotion evaluation, execution, planning, and development of assigned customer;
- Align customer specific marketing strategies and tactics that result in actionable sales plans with other area businesses to ensure business alignment with national priorities and sales objectives. Maintains ongoing market awareness and competitive activity through frequent contact and trips covering customers in major markets nationally;
- Effectively manage the development and allocations of customer display units. Represents "voice of the customer" within Bayer to drive profitable results and increase awareness to critical customer issues.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 10 years of progressive sales and/or marketing experience in the consumer package goods industry or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. This should include 5 – 7 years’ experience building strategic business plans that utilize specific resources (i.e., people, time and money) in the accomplishment of Corporate sales volume and profit goals;
- Fit to Win competencies: Builds effective teams, cultivates innovation, learning and change agility, customer focus, action oriented/drives results, collaborates globally and locally, plans & aligns, drives stakeholder engagement, effectively manages suppliers;
- Fit to Win skills: Financial acumen: Excellent financial management skills to critically assess strategic goals and cost investments versus results; ability to streamline operational processes. Experience in a basic understanding of promotion effectiveness and continual improvement on ROIs;
- Understand the customer and the marketplace: Exceptional knowledge of retailer landscape and how to impact the total market. Understand the impact of individual decisions to Bayer’s total business and relevant long term implications. Sales experience with key retailers;
- Communication/active listening: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to deliver clear and concise presentations, actionable direction and work well within a matrixed team environment;
- Negotiation skills: Proven success with one-on-one customer negotiations. Proven ability to develop win-win solutions to complex situations. Superior problem solving and critical thinking skills demonstrated through multi-task problem solving and practical judgment;
- Tech/digital savvy: Robust analytical capabilities across a variety of data sources and platforms with ability to execute sales planning activities. Must have advanced computer literacy skills, specifically MS Excel and PowerPoint;
- Must have a Valid Driver’s license and clean driving record;
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Masters of Business Administration;
- Sales Strategy/Operations experience.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.