Seed Prep Specialist
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Seed Preparation Specialist, are to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the prep of seed for field trials as well as for MQT-prepared seed following all applicable processes and ensuring timely and accurate prep. By doing so, this role will set the example and provide guidance for/to seed prep contingent workers;
- Contribute to the seed shipping process, ensuring the accuracy and compliance of seed material packaging and shipping;
- Coordinate and contribute to the cycle count function for seed inventories, working through contingent workers to ensure inventory accuracy;
- Contribute to ongoing SST process improvement efforts for seed prep and MQT prep functions;
- Serve as primary trainer for new seed prep personnel, ensuring the compliance to requirements as stated in applicable SOPs; oversee training progress and ensuring trainees get signed-off by team lead as proficient in all applicable workflows;
- Record and analyze seed prep key performance indicators (KPI) to ensure that systemic material prep issues are detected and addressed;
- Ensure all material prep SOPs, work instructions, forms, and job aids are updated as necessary and reflect the current processes;
- Work in conjunction with seed inventory personnel to serve as back-up inventory and sample kit support in high capacity seasons.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred biological or agricultural sciences or related discipline);
- Minimum 1 year - experience with seed or plant material handling and shipping;
- Strong process orientation; Drives process development and compliance;
- Detail orientation; awareness of detailed requirements relative to regulatory compliance and/or shipping;
- Proven record of strong initiative/foresight, results-orientation, and agility;
- Must be able to lift 50lbs;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment;
- Able to build excellent working relationships;
- Excellent logistics, trouble-shooting, and task-orientation skills.
- Knowledge of USDA, EPA or other regulated material packaging/shipping requirements;
- Experience in a regulatory, compliance-based environment;
- Experience in ISO 9001:2015; QMS, metrics/KPIs, process improvement;
- Experience with working through others to achieve results;
- Experience utilizing MS Word, Excel, Teams; strong comfort level utilizing electronic systems.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: MO-St. Louis, MO-Chesterfield, MO-Saint Louis