Principal Engineer IT Network
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, PCT IT Network Principal Engineer, are to:
- Perform routine GXP activities per site procedures for periodic reviews, user access to ensure that production IT infrastructure meets current GXP requirements;
- Implementing technical solutions and technical good practices that are aligned with global best practices and standards for production IT security;
- Be responsible for daily checks of existing monitoring systems for production firewalls and malware. The person is also responsible for communicating to global teams the presence of any detected malware and work with IT security teams to eradicate and contain the identified malware. This has to be done on a case by case basis;
- Work with IT business service partners for routine reviews of server room access and maintenance, firewall rules between enterprise layer and production layer;
- Work with IT business services, process control system and industrial automation teams to introduce new technologies for solving data integrity problems and improving efficiency on manufacturing floor via digitization efforts;
- Demonstrate high levels of urgency and be able to quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Plans, execute, and monitor multiple basic budget/and multiple larger investments; participates in the planning and execution of major investments for site IT infrastructure;
- Manage the maintenance activities related to inspection, repairs, and larger/complex turn-arounds of the assigned assets; initiate, monitor, and track work orders.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years’ experience in IT Engineering or Master’s degree with 2+ years’ experience in IT Engineering, or PH.D. with no experience in IT, Engineering;
- IT networks design and implementation;
- Has experience in any industry maintaining and running IT systems including IT security, patching, switches/setup etc.;
- Experience in IT security measures including firewall, DMZ, intrusion devices etc;
- Experience with design and implementation of IT networks;
- Experience with maintenance and reliability of IT networks;
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Relocation assistance is available
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical industry;
- Project experience management.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.