Operator In Training, Chemical Operator
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Operator in Training, Chemical Operator, are to:
- Decontaminates equipment and piping for maintenance or disposal;
- Utilizes personal protective equipment matrix;
- Maintains inventories of disposable, production, and safety related materials;
- Recognizes material compatibilities;
- Handles waste and other contaminated trash per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conducts charging and filling operations;
- Operates forklifts;
- Maintains plant hazard communication labeling program;
- Performs general housekeeping duties throughout the plant area;
- Assists in product changeover activities;
- Basics of plant/unit operations and safety equipment;
- Learning more complex task;
- Recognizes and operates basic process elements.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or GED with at least that level in reading comprehension, writing, and math;
- At least one year of experience in an active ingredients plant or three years of experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Must be willing to work in a rotating shift schedule.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: MO-Kansas City