Native Trait Discovery Co-Op
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Native Trait Discovery Co-op, are to:
- Develop and execute a genomics guided discovery and characterization pathway for a specified native trait;
- Source a variety of trait accompanying data sets
and analyze using genomics tools.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Current enrollment at an accredited university located in the U.S. pursuing a PhD in a genomics and/or molecular plant-microbe interactions related program;
- Experience with command-line tools and R;
- Strong domain knowledge and work experience in data management, plant breeding, genetics, genomics and/or plant pathology;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language;
- Detailed and results oriented; motivated towards inquiry for practical research
- Availability to take the Spring 2020 semester off (January-June) to work in a full-time capacity in St. Louis, MO
- Must be returning to school to continue or complete program of study upon completion of the six-month co-op assignment.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: MO-St. Louis, MO-Chesterfield, MO-Creve Coeur
Functional Area: [sap_fa_35]
Entry Level: 1