Material Management Intern
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Material Management Intern, are to:
- Work with the Supply Chain and Materials Management teams on projects to improve efficiency throughout the plant;
- Perform data collection through time studies within the manufacturing cells;
- Coordinate with Materials Management to improve the process of raw material delivery to the production floor;
- Provide input on design and layout of manufacturing cells.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Must be in either an Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain major;
- Must be actively entering into Junior through Graduate year of college;
- Attention to detail, goal seeker, and demonstrated [strong] work ethic;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools especially MS Visio, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint;
- Ability to follow training guidelines;
- Ability to work within a team atmosphere and have
the ability to communicate ideas and needs.
- Previous Intern/Co-Op experience in a manufacturing setting;
- Time study and root cause analysis experience;
- Demonstrated process improvement skills through coursework and/or extracurricular activities;
- Good written and oral communication as well as strong presentation skills;
- Independently demonstrate the ability to create ideas and solutions to process related issues.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: PA-Pittsburgh Heilman