Manager, Bayer Consumer Health Accelerator
Your tasks and responsibilities
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Manager - Bayer Consumer Health Accelerator, are to:
Who you are
- Identify and evaluate potential early stage venture investment opportunities. Create business models to gain Steering Committee alignment to investment;
- Lead the development of breakthrough and adjacent innovation by identifying white space ideas which enhance the Consumer Health U.S. portfolio;
- Collaborate with external parties to develop prototypes and test ideas with consumers in the market; gain insights from internal functional experts (e.g., Medical and Regulatory Affairs);
- Develop business cases which illustrate profitability and growth opportunities in the market; collaborate with Finance to develop robustness of business cases;
- Maintain a long-term, big-picture view of the organization’s goals, foresees obstacles, and opportunities, and generates breakthrough ideas individually and with the team
- Constructively challenge status quo thinking and assumptions, while providing fresh perspectives and innovative ideas to set divisional objectives.
- Understands the impact of global trends on the organization’s plans, revenue, and profit and thus its advanced analytics capabilities.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree plus 4-5 years of experience in life sciences, consumer packaged goods, healthcare, or other related industries, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Fit to Win competencies: Learning Agility, Customer Focus, Action Orientation/ Drive for Results, Global/Local Collaboration, Manages complexity & ambiguity, Drives Vision & Purpose, Entrepreneurial/Strategic Mindset;
- Fit to Win skills;
- Financial acumen: Proven ability to operate in white space;
- Excellent financial management skills to critically assess strategic goals and cost investments versus results; ability to streamline operational processes;
- Experience in a basic understanding of brand P&Ls, ROI, and budget management;
- Brand building: Exceptional knowledge of retailer landscape and how to impact the total market;
- Understand the impact of individual decisions to Bayer’s total business and relevant long term implications, experience in the application of marketing research information (IRI, Nielsen and Custom) as related to building a shopper marketing customer business plan and supporting strategies;
- Communication/ active listening: Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to deliver clear and concise presentations;
- Strong listening skills to ensure customer needs are accurately captured;
- Negotiation skills: Proven experience in influence management;
- Proven ability to develop win-win solutions to complex situations;
- Superior problem solving skills;
- Results driven, but able to work well within a team environment. Self-starter and motivated to deliver against required deadlines; highly organized with strong attention to detail;
- Customer-focused and must be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects effectively;
- Technologically and digitally savvy: Robust analytical capabilities across a variety of data sources and platforms with ability to translate into action-minded recommendations.
- Advanced computer literacy skill required, specifically MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Master’s Degree;
- Experience with business forecasting;
- 2-3 years of experience in commercialization (sales or marketing), with strong analytical and business modeling experience;
- Experience with Private Equity or Venture Capital.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.