Lab Technician I
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Lab Technician, are to:
- Timely, accurate preparation, evaluation, and recording of seed analyses;
- Under the direction of Lab Operations Managers and/or Lab Coordinators complete the testing processes ensuring process control, accurate data management, timely escalation of problem solving, and error correction;
- Ability to learn and apply scientific methods and non-routine techniques for analysis as directed by protocols and work instructions to deliver quality results - which may include preparation of reagents, media, controls and sample preparation;
- Ensure that all testing is conducted in compliance with Bayer HSE policies, Laboratory QMS and protocols, and Regulatory agency requirements;
- Maintain reagents and consumables to required inventory levels;
- Participate in a continuous improvement program focused on enhancing current processes and performing root cause analyses/troubleshooting of issues;
- Participate in Bayer’s HSE safety program and cross-site projects/initiatives.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who processes the following:
- Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s preferred);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask in a high throughput environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science-related field;
- 1 ore more years of professional or academic experience in a lab setting.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_20]
Entry Level: 3