Group Head Project Services Execution
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Group Head Project Services Execution, are to:
- Provide leadership for the project cost controlling function and group as well as accountability for all project cost controlling activities within the organization;
- Drive continuous improvement of project cost controlling framework for the region in close alignment with accounting, functional controlling, investment management and other stakeholders, including global counterparts;
- Hire, develops and trains a highly efficient and driven workforce to enable effective staffing of regionally and technically diverse projects;
- Take responsibility for project controlling tasks in projects or portfolios of significant complexity and strategic relevance with a financial magnitude exceeding 200M;
- Set standards for interfaces with external project partners and supports project managers and project controllers in negotiating on a project to project basis;
- Act as Subject Matter Expert during project reviews;
Relocation Assistance and Visa Sponsorship is Available.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction sciences, construction management, or other project management-related fields plus twelve or more (12+) years of experience in project management and controlling OR master's degree in engineering, construction sciences, construction management, or other project management-related fields plus ten or more (10+) years of experience in project management and controlling;
- Proficiency in all aspects of Project Controlling for life sciences facilities from project conception through closeout on projects above 100 Million preferred;
- This position requires past demonstration of ability to recommend employee hiring, termination, promotions, training, and development;
- Field experience for capital projects;
- In-depth knowledge of engineering, procurement and construction, and understanding of how these functions work together to meet project objectives;
- Proficiency in project management processes as defined – for example – in the Project Management Body of Knowledge of the Project Management Institute (PMI);
- Expert knowledge of use and interaction of standard project management software, such as Primavera P6, MS Project and/or Hexagon EcoSys, as well as enterprise resource planning software, such as SAP;
- Willingness to travel within the Bayer sites in North America and Latin America on a regular basis (20 – 40%) when working on projects outside of the hub areas;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- High degree of interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse set of stakeholders, to resolve conflicts in a constructive spirit, and to communicate requirements and results to project contributors effectively.
- Spanish and Portuguese language skills and experience in Latin American markets.
- Develop subject matter training material and train project controllers, project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: MO-Creve Coeur
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 5