- Students & Graduates
- Internships & Co-ops
- International Program for Financial Management (U.S.)
- Commercial Excellence Leadership Program: Sales Excellence Associate
- MBA Programs
- Entry Level Opportunities
- Military Professionals & Protected Veterans
- Experienced Professionals
MBA Internship - Pharmaceutical Marketing
Bayer is a global Life Science company with core competencies in the fields of health care and agriculture. As an innovation company, it sets trends in research-intensive areas. Bayer’s products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Pharmaceutical Marketing Intern (2017 Summer MBA Internship)
OUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Bayer seeks high energy leaders ready to help shape the future by confronting new challenges, embracing new experiences and taking on increasing responsibilities. The primary responsibility of this role as a Pharmaceutical Marketing - MBA Intern is to develop and recommend marketing, sales and market access strategies and advanced tactics to improve the performance of existing businesses. To support the internship, opportunities will be offered with brand teams in different therapeutic areas and Managed Market functions.
Related to this internship, Bayer offers:
- An 11-week intensive, summer program with effective orientation and onboarding program, with an opportunity to work closely with other MBA interns and collaborate with members of Bayer’s Pharmaceutical Marketing and Sales Teams;
- A practical, hands-on assignment which will have direct involvement in a meaningful mission and allows the chance to demonstrate potential by leading projects or initiatives that will aim to maximize sales, marketing and profit growth for our Specialty Pharmaceutical business;
- An opportunity to work within a dynamic environment as a key contributor in championing business building ideas and presenting recommendations to Senior Management based on sound business analyses;
- Competitive salary and housing options.
Additionally, the Pharmaceutical MBA Intern, under the direction of a Sr. Team Leader, will be primarily responsible for:
- Assessing competitors’ strengths, weaknesses, strategies and plans to recommend options to compete more effectively;
- Evaluating the attractiveness of specific consumer segments and recommending, as appropriate, how to position brand against these consumer segments;
- Quantifying incremental sales opportunities via increased distribution in new channels;
- Evaluating technologies/web based initiatives to increase marketing and sales messages to customers;
- Determining if consumer promotion programs are driving share of voice, loyalty and/or profitability;
- Defining internal processes, identify best practices, pain points and opportunities for improvement, as well as, executing projects to disseminate best practices and/or address pain points and opportunities for improvement;
- Evaluating payer segmentation and recommend options to optimize.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, we seek an individual who possess:
- Current enrollment in a Master’s of Business Administration program with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in Marketing, Sales, General Business (Finance, Supply Chain, etc.) or similar function;
- Leadership, demonstrated through the ability to lead projects and willingness to work successfully with diverse team members, while establishing and delivering goals in a team or independent work environment;
- Integrity, supported by a proven record of delivering results by fostering open communication, effectively preparing written communication and speaking/presenting openly and honestly;
- Flexibility, evidenced in the ability to partner effectively and achieve results through influencing team members and agency partners, while understanding and incorporating customer needs in the decision making process;
- Efficiency, exhibited through strong financial and analytical skills with the ability to make recommendations based on in-depth quantitative analyses, sound problem-solving and decision-making skills with demonstrated ability to identify key issues, consider customer needs, make well-support fact-based recommendations, and identify and implement appropriate actions within specific deadlines;
- US citizenship/Permanent Resident status (sponsorship not provided).
- Previous experience in the Healthcare industry.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference by applying now.
We welcome those who will be attending the 2016 National Black MBA Career Conference to state they will be attending by typing ‘NBMBAA’ in the Application Source Tab when applying.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
Your Application Status
Bayer has launched a new recruiting system that makes it faster and easier for you to apply.
Track your job applications:
Jobs published on or after October 19, 2016
Due to system updates, returning candidates will need to re-accept the data privacy statement when logging into their profile.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Jobs published before October 19, 2016
If you require assistance please Contact us
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
If you have questions regarding the recruiting process or your application, please visit our FAQ section.
If you need additional information, click below to contact us directly!