- Students & Graduates
- Internships & Co-ops
- International Program for Financial Management (U.S.)
- Commercial Excellence Leadership Program: Sales Excellence Associate
- MBA Programs
- Entry Level Opportunities
- Military Professionals & Protected Veterans
- Experienced Professionals
Bayer CropScience: Sales Excellence Internship Program
At Bayer CropScience, our singular purpose is to propel farming’s future. By harnessing cutting-edge agricultural and environmental innovations that improve lives and the planet, we are committed to delivering on Bayer’s mission: Science For A Better Life.
Program Length and Details
To help us find qualified, driven employees to meet our goals, The Commercial Excellence Leadership Program (CELP) is an accelerated development opportunity, providing unique cross-functional experiences and training.
The Sales Excellence Internship Program position within CELP is a 12 week program (June to August) that provides practical, hands on experience working under the direction of senior level managers with projects in a variety of sales areas to prepare for a field sales rep position.
- Undergraduate student; pursuing BA/BS in agricultural related field preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work effectively with a team as well as independently
- Self-motivated with ability to problem solve and demonstrate results
- Basic knowledge of and / or past experience with selling skill set is preferred
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle report required
- Travel including occasional overnight travel within the territory will be required
What we offer
As a Field Sales and Research Intern, you will spend your summer working alongside our
Field Sales Representatives and assist in the promotion of the Bayer CropScience portfolio of
products. While promoting the Bayer portfolio, an intern could expect to call on existing and
potential Retailer and/or Grower customers to present recommendations, develop sales
strategies, and communicate customer needs or requirements to the proper internal
personnel. In addition to the promotion of our products, the incumbent will be expected to assist
Technical Service and Field Representatives in the efforts to manage and conduct research
Some of those tasks may include:
- Assist in the establishment, maintenance, and evaluation of field test plots designed to determine the efficacy of pesticides on insects, weeds, and plant diseases of agronomic
- Perform routine tasks associated with farm maintenance: operating farm equipment; working
with irrigation; applying pesticides; harvesting activities; etc.
- Firsthand learning experience with our Sales team
- Strong learning and coaching to support personal development
- Company issued vehicle to support work travel
What comes after the program?
The Sales Excellence Internship is intended to lead into our full-time Sales Excellence Associate program.
Your Application Status
Bayer has launched a new recruiting system that makes it faster and easier for you to apply.
Track your job applications:
Jobs published on or after October 19, 2016
Jobs published before October 19, 2016
If you require assistance please Contact us
Job Fairs & Career Expos
9/28/17 - 9/29/17
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
If you have questions regarding the recruiting process or your application, please visit our FAQ section.
If you need additional information, click below to contact us directly!