Internships & Co-ops
Bayer CropScience: Sales Excellence Internship Program
At Bayer CropScience, our singular purpose is to propel farming’s future. By harnessing cutting-edge agricultural and environmental innovations that improve lives and the planet, we are committed to delivering on Bayer’s mission: Science For A Better Life.
Program Length and Details
To help us find qualified, driven employees to meet our goals, The Commercial Excellence Leadership Program (CELP) is an accelerated development opportunity, providing unique cross-functional experiences and training.
The Sales Excellence Internship Program position within CELP is a 12 week program (June to August) that provides practical, hands on experience working under the direction of senior level managers with projects in a variety of sales areas to prepare for a field sales rep position.
- Undergraduate student; pursuing BA/BS in agricultural related field preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work effectively with a team as well as independently
- Self-motivated with ability to problem solve and demonstrate results
- Basic knowledge of and / or past experience with selling skill set is preferred
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle report required
- Travel including occasional overnight travel within the territory will be required
What we offer
As a Field Sales and Research Intern, you will spend your summer working alongside our Field Sales Representatives and assist in the promotion of the Bayer CropScience portfolio of products. While promoting the Bayer portfolio, an intern could expect to call on existing and potential Retailer and/or Grower customers to present recommendations, develop sales strategies, and communicate customer needs or requirements to the proper internal personnel. In addition to the promotion of our products, the incumbent will be expected to assist Technical Service and Field Representatives in the efforts to manage and conduct research trials.
Some of those tasks may include:
- Assist in the establishment, maintenance, and evaluation of field test plots designed to determine the efficacy of pesticides on insects, weeds, and plant diseases of agronomic concern.
- Perform routine tasks associated with farm maintenance: operating farm equipment; working with irrigation; applying pesticides; harvesting activities; etc.
- Firsthand learning experience with our Sales team
- Strong learning and coaching to support personal development
- Company issued vehicle to support work travel
What comes after the program?
The Sales Excellence Internship is intended to lead into our full-time Sales Excellence Associate program.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled